Gallery

Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Gynoid" - Intaglio

While I was looking through a pile of old magazines for a collage in one of my art classes, I came across an odd and unique image. It was a photo of a woman, passing out pamphlets in the street while wearing a large and bulky sign promoting a newly opened copy center, and a cardboard computer over her head. It was such a weird scene, yet she was able to make it sexy with short shorts and a pair of high heels. The idea of making technology sexy was such a great novelty to me, it was so weird and wacky, and I loved it. I tore the page out and still have it today. A few years later I decided to use my newly acquired skills in the print making form of intaglio to try to reproduce the image in a print.



There exist two series of the print, the first few lack the hatching, and are just the contour drawing. A few prints later minor corrections were made, resulting in the print’s current rendition. I intend to do more with the piece when I have the time.

About Me

My photo
I am the creator of Lego stop-motion animation Shadow of the Brick, go watch it on my Youtube channel Green Dragon Films. I also play old games on the YouTube channel Matt's Gameplay. I also make art involving robots and other weird science themes. Fallow me on Twitter: @ControlAltRobot

Blog Archive